Honey as we know it today has been passed down to us for many generations. That includes its source, curative properties, and its use in cooking. It is one of the most astonishing natural products introduced to humankind. Raw honey is not only used as a sweetener but used in treating a variety of ailments.
Health Benefits of Honey
- Honey Is Rich in Antioxidants: High-quality Raw honey contains many antioxidants that are essential. These include acids and compounds such as flavonoids etc. Scientists found that the combination of these compounds gives its own antioxidant power to honey. Antioxidants have been linked to a few kinds of cancer, strokes and also reduced the risk of heart attacks. They may also promote eye health. Studies have revealed that pure honey advances the value of your bloodstream.
- Raw Honey Is Far Better Than Sugar for Diabetics: The evidence on honey and diabetes is mixed. On one hand, it can reduce several risk factors for heart disease common in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Honey Contains Some Great Nutrients: Honey is a thick, sweet liquid made by honeybees. It’s packed with vitamins and minerals but can be elevated in certain plant chemicals. Nutritionally, 1 tablespoon of honey comprises 64+ calories and 17 grams of sugar, including sugar, fructose, maltose, and sucrose. The bees collect sugar, largely the nectar of flowers from their environment. Once inside the beehive, they repeatedly consume, digest, and then regurgitate the nectar. The finished product is a liquid which serves as saved food for bees known as pure honey. The color, odor, and taste are based on the forms of flowers seen. It contains virtually no fiber, fat or protein.
- Honey Can Lower Triglycerides: Triglycerides are a type of fat (lipid) found in your blood. When you eat, your body converts any calories it doesn’t need to use right away into triglycerides. The triglyceridesare stored in your fat cells. Later, hormones release triglycerides for energy between meals.
- Honey Helps Improve Cholesterol: Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that’s found in all the cells in your body. Your body needs some cholesterol to make hormones, vitamin D, and substances that help you digest foods. Your body makes all the cholesterol it needs.
- Honey Speedup Burn and Wound Healing Process: Honey treatment has been used to heal wounds and is still common today. You may have seen it in movies but it’s actually a true fact. When applied to the skin, honey used as an effective treatment plan for burns, wounds, and many other skin conditions. It is particularly effective for diabetic foot ulcers.
- Raw Honey Can Help Suppress Coughs: Coughing is a common problem for children with upper respiratory infections. Effect of honey, dextromethorphan, and diphenhydramine on nightly cough and sleep quality in children and their parents are quite fascinating.
Honey has great taste. And honey can be stored for thousands of years without any damage. It has some great health benefits. Click here to explore a variety of honey at our online store.